Saturday, March 9, 2013

New Category; MEH - Deborah Lippmann Nailpolish

I'm really sad to write this review because of the rating I am giving it.  I really, really wanted to love these polishes and I purposely waited and used several colours in several different ways before I was really sure about how I felt about them.  The polishes I am referring to are deborah lippmann nail polishes.  
                     Photo credit: Deborah Lippmann
I have tried a few 'regular line colours as the most recent 'Girls' collection. I purchased the full-sized 'Girls' set of four colours at Holt Renfrew for $45.  Individual colours normally sell for $20.  Yah - it's crazy.  Andddd because of the high price but also high chipping factor I regretful have to give the lippann polishes a (new!) rating of MEH.

What I liked:
  • The colour selection is beautiful.  Deborah Lipmann offers some of the most beautiful colours I have seen in the polish world. 
  • Specifically, the glitter polishes are the most beautiful sparky polishes I have ever seen.  You can't help wanting them all.
  • The application is smooth and most of the colours only need two coats for full opacity.  
  • The bottles and packaging feel nice and are super cute.
What I didn't like:
  • Firstly, obviously the price.  If and when I pay $20 for a bottle of nailpolish I expect it to be a holy grail product.  
  • The colours chip so easily!  It's so disappointing.  The lavender colour (pictured above) that I tried first, lasted a good 4-5 days without chipping and I was so excited.  BUT, as I tried four other colours they would chip within the first 24 hours.  So not acceptable. 

I couldn't profess 'liking' or 'loving' this product because I'm sitting on the fence. I also couldn't bring myself to give these polishes a LEAVE it because  they are beautiful and I will probably re-purchase some glitters in the future. When it comes to regular ol' colours though?  I'll stick to my favourite tried and true OPI's (review to come).  Buy the lipmann's if you've fallen in love with a colour.  As far me?  If I change my mind I'll keep ya posted.

That's it for now.

xxx

E

No comments:

Post a Comment