Saturday, March 2, 2013

LEAVE it; Maybelline 'The Rocket' Mascara

I have TON of products that I want to rave about and recommend, but I thought it was important to get some of the 'mehs' out of the way....because the point of this blog, after all, is to save you from buying products that aren't amazing.

Today's product, Maybelline's 'The Rocket' mascara, unfortunately, receives a LEAVE it rating from me.  I really wanted to find and love a drugstore mascara.  One that would impress me enough to leave my Armani Eyes to Kill [spoiler alert - holy grail review on this coming up] in the dust. 

Granted, mascara can be one of those products that's not a one-size-fit all approach. Some people love it while it's completely nothing special for me. 

I purchased 'The Rocket' , retailing for $7.99 US,  at Ulta during my last Syracuse trip. I thought I would give it a try since I've heard people rave about it and Ulta had a Buy 1 Get 1 50% deal going on.  

The mascara is just 'Meh'.  It's nothing special.  It clumps, it feels wet and it flakes/smudges throughout the day. It has a rubber brush  which I am not a fan of. Worst of all?  It irritated my sensitive eyes.  I discovered why - because of the flaking I would find pieces of the mascara on my contacts when I took them out at night.  Not impressed. 

Overall, maybe it just didn't work with my oily skin and lashes, maybe I am spoiled by my higher end mascaras but... I give 'The Rocket' a LEAVE it.  There are better mascaras out there, even at the drugstore [I just haven't found them yet].

Questions or comments?  Leave me a line below or send me an email.

That's it for today,

xxx

-E

No comments:

Post a Comment