Monday, March 18, 2013

LOVE it; PC Blue Menu Yogurt Bars and Smoothies

Ok, yum!  I have been eating clean and watching my intake so most deserts or sweets are a no no right now.  Since I have a major sweet tooth I was desperate for something that would fill the void for sugar without being horrible for me.  As I was passing the freezer aisle I was intrigued.  A PC blue menu yogurt bar that looked pretty delicious for only 90 calories and made with 100% Canadian milk?  On sale for $4.99 [instead of the regular $6.99] I had to try them and I'm so glad I did.  They are delicious!
Photo Credit: President's Choice

We have tried: Smoothie Fudge Dessert Bars, Swirl Smoothie Orange and Strawberry.  They are all SO good.

The pictured smoothie swirl in orange contains: 90 calories, 1 gram fat (!!) and 13 grams sugar.

Another benefit?  They contain 0.04g Omega 3's that are added through fish oil - sounds gross but you can NOT taste it. Those who know me know I hate fish in any shape or form but it's completely undetectable and helps provide a little health boost 

I'm not oblivious. I wouldn't call these 'healthy' but they are definitely a great and 'healthier' low calorie option for when that sweet tooth aches for a little sugar.

Oh and PS - the bars a a totally respectable size. I thought for sure for 90 calories you'd get a teeny tiny bar.  Not so!

That's it for now.  If you have any questions leave me a comment or email me! Oh and let me know if you try them. :)

xxx,
E 

No comments:

Post a Comment