Wednesday, March 6, 2013

MEH; Brookside chocolates

 UPDATE:  After contemplating for a few weeks I have decided to change my Brookside Chocolates review  from LIKE it to MEH.  

Are they delicious? Absolutely.  BUT my biggest pet peeve? The product could be so much better and healthier in such as simple way. Let me explain.  When I first purchased these I was under the impression that they were like the other Brookside product that I loved: dark chocolate covered dried berries and nuts.  In fact,  inside of the Brookside chocolates pictured below is nothing more than just a 'fruit juice' jelly.  Really?  I'm not impressed.  I totally thought it would be dried fruit and although at first I really liked them, this fact has just annoyed me more and more.  Therefore they get a MEH from me.  They're tasty and we'll obviously finish them up but I will not be re-purchasing.  Phef.  Glad I got that off my chest....and glad I gave myself 30 days to change my mind! :)

xxx,
E

Today's post is all about taste buds. Enter Brookside Chocolates.

 Photocredit: Brookside


What are they?  Brookside boasts the following: 

"BROOKSIDE artisans have discovered the way to artfully combine smooth dark chocolate with exotic fruit juices. We pair our exceptionally dark chocolate with the unique texture of soft real fruit juice pieces. BROOKSIDE dark chocolate covered real fruit juice pieces provide an intriguing texture and exotic taste experience that provide a natural source of flavanol antioxidants."

I purchased mine at Costco for $9.69 in a 40 pack 90 calorie multipack containing three different flavours: 1. acai with blueberry, 2. goji with raspberry and 3. pomegranate 

Although these are not 'healthy' by any means, they are a healthier alternative to indulging in something sweet and delicious while obtaining some health benefits....rather than tearing open and demolishing a chocolate bar with no real nutritional value [dependent on the bar!

These really are delicious too - IF you like dark chocolate and IF you like more exotic berry combos. 

Overall, I give these Brookside Chocolates a LIKE it.  They didn't get a LOVE it because they are quite calorie rich per quanity and because their advertising seems deceiving for the 'health' benefits when in reality these are just fruit juice pellets covered in dark chocolate.


 If you have any questions or comments, leave them below or email me!

That's it for today,


xxx

E

1 comment:

  1. People are always shocked when I show them that the inside is a piece of candy. Totally deceptive. They blended chocolate with fruit juice, by making candy with some fruit juice in and and blending chocolate with candy.

    ReplyDelete